/ UX Designer
- Worked in UX field since 2010
- Expertise with designing for B2B applications with complex requirements
- Championed Lean UX, iterative design methodologies in current workplace
- Knowledgeable about Agile (SCRUM)
2014 – current
Function Point is a SaaS company providing all-in-one financial and workflow management software for creative agencies. We employ a user-centric iterative design process, starting from user interviews so we understand the entire problem space. We then test our solutions every step of the way from concept to release.
- Brought in as the first designer to work with stakeholders to envision and embark on the product redesign journey.
- Championed Lean UX. Worked with the newly formed Product Team in transforming the old engineering driven waterfall process into the new user-centric iterative design/development process.
- Work closely with the Product Manager and the SCRUM team to ensure we deliver useful and desirable solutions.
- Conduct user research: user interviews (on-site, remotely), user shadowing, surveys
- Ideation: running Design Sprints, brainstorming with stakeholders, design and prototyping, concept testing with users.
- Post-launch testing & analytics: usability testing, evaluate effectiveness of redesign using pre and post- launch usage analytics.
- Communication: both internally and externally to clients about our designs and the new iterative approach in relation to our product vision.
- Mentoring: onboarding and mentoring junior designer.
May 2011 – Dec 2013
iQmetrix is a SaaS company providing retail management solutions in the wireless industry. We focus on delivering great experiences and helping our clients grow their businesses.
- Designed the user experience of Product and Catalog management on Platform for 4 different development teams.
- Acted as Product Owner for a year. Trained a new Jr. Business Analyst and successfully handed off the work after 4 months.
- Assessed and created the payment and error handling flows for the Carrier-integrated Phone Activation Wizard.
- iQmetrix Employee of the Quarter (Q2 2013)
- Platform (Web Apps) Interaction Design:
Brainstorm with internal stakeholders and team leads to determine product direction. Produce wireframes and prototypes for creating & maintaining a central library of information that will be accessible to all iQmetrix products to better suit requirements from large enterprise clients. Translated product directions into user stories and maintained the product backlog.
- Wireless Carrier Integration Design:
Designed interaction flows and high-fidelity wireframes to allow activation of cellular devices directly within our software.
- Information Architecture & Design for the Web:
Created wireframes & visual design mockups for support portals (iQmetrix Campus, iQmetrix Launch Portal).
Information Architect (Intern)
Mar 2011 – May 2011
Idea Rebel is a digital agency based in Gastown. I have designed the interaction flow for a number of web, mobile and social media experiences at the agency.
- Successful launch of Sleeman’s Pair-O-Dice FaceBook contest, using the new “idiot-proofed” campaign content management system.
- Delivered on 7 projects in my 6-week internship, leading to subsequent contract work
- Mobile app ideation and interaction design for Coastal Contacts, RE/MAX of Western Canada
- Website information architecture and interaction design for Gastown.org, FenixEnergy.com, Reverie.com
- FaceBook campaigns user flows and wireframing for PGA Tours, Sleeman, EA Sports
Apr 2010 – Sep 2010
FCV is an interactive and digital marketing agency based in Downtown Vancouver.
- Worked on 12 projects during my four and a half-month summer work contract.
- Produced a 68-page usability report in the Canadian Tourism Commission MC & IT project, outlining 26 key usability issues with recommendations on improving site traffic & visitor satisfaction
- Conducted FCV’s first remote moderated and un-moderated usability tests with US and UK participants on the Canadian Tourism Commission MC & IT website.
- Produced user and market research reports on mobile devices subscriptions and usage for the Nike Athlete’s Journey athlete recruitment project.
- Produced competitive analysis reports on website best practices in tourism marketing for Travel Yukon and Tourism Jasper.